Sunday, August 2, 2009

Episode 37 First Listener Email!

Episode 37, First Listener Email!

Hello and welcome to an EXTRA special episode of Jay Wont dart's podcast, where for the thousand or so people who've came across my podcast, I've received one email!

I use Feed Burner for my RSS feed and stats, normally I only consider iTunes subscribers to matter, people who want to hear my every episode, you guys are my real fans, who are there for the scare good episodes, and all the terrible ones! Thank you all.

I have a little over 20 main subscribers, mostly Windows iTunes users. Some of my most popular episodes have been listened to by over 300 people, which is pretty cool considering I'm just some weirdo talking about nothing in particular!

I dont know how many of these statistics are actual dedicated listeners, but one day recently I had 19 people in America, 5 hits from the UK, 4 from Germany, 3 from little old New Zealand, 2 from Israel, 1 Australian hit, 1 from Luxembourg, 1 from Austria and another 1 from Mexico. Its pretty amazing to think my voice has been heard all around the world! I dont know how many of those hits were just looking at my feed, and maybe not even hearing a single episode, but they have came across my podcast somehow or rather.

This episode is to thank one wonderful American woman, the first person to email me! Heres the message she left me



Oh wait, that was just a lame joke, heres an actual message, from an actual listener to my podcast, all the way from the other side of the world.



A very big hello to Bea Elliot, who lives in Florida, in the U S of A. You've really made me happy Bea, thank you for contacting me, especially with such a positive message! I'd like to mention Bea's newest blog, Once Upon a Vegan, which you can find if you go to http://beaelliottvegan.blogspot.com/ , thats b.e.a, e.l.l.i.o.t.t vegan . blogspot.com, bea elliot vegan . blogspot . com . Bea is working on a podcast which I hope will be on iTunes soon, I really cant wait to hear her future episodes, I love meeting other podcasters, especially other vegan podcasters. A big thank you to Bea for having the courage to email me, and especially for recording her comment like I suggested, for me to use in this very special episode.

To all my other listeners, I think theres another 18 not counting myself, why not say hello? If you send in an audio clip of yourself, I'll play it in a future episode, its a bit like ringing into a radio station, you can tell all your friends "dudes, I was on jay wont darts podcast maaaaan!" to which they will say..."whats a podcast?".

If you like my podcast, I'd also like listeners to give me a rating on iTunes, if you go to my iTunes podcast page, just search the name of my podcast, "jay wont dart" on the iTunes store, and leave a very short review, complete with a 5 star rating! With enough reviews, shouldnt take more than one or two, I'll be better featured on iTunes, and will hopefully get more listeners!

Thank you very much for listening.

You can find the script for this episode, as well as downloads for every episode of Jay Wont darts podcast at jaywontdart.blogspot.com

If you want to contact me, even just to say you are my second actual listener, send an email to jaywontdart@gmail.com, j a y w o n t d a r t @ gmail.com, I'd appreciate it.

Have a super happy day, especially if you're names Bea Elliot of Florida.

bye!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jordan! Thanks for the mention... Sorry so late in responding - Am 3 of your podcasts behind to listen to. Will put my feet up in a bit and relax - anxious to hear what you have to say! As always - stay wonderful! Bea :)

    ReplyDelete